Story Development and Documentation
Bertran de Saint-Jean
Instructor's Kingdom: Atlantia, Time Zone: EST
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
A class addressing the development of a story from a theme, motif, or handful of story elements, as well as developing documentation for stories. We will also address how to pare down/build up a story, and where to break large stories for episodic telling.
Activities will include:
· Introduction to theme/motif indexes
· Redaction of a large/epic story to its minimum structure
· Building a story out of a handful of story elements
· Finding the natural breaks in long stories
· Tips on finding/developing documentation for stories
The first hour will be introduction to general principles/questions, the second hour will be practical demonstrations of the process where we will take an epic tale and reduce it to its skeleton, and take a story fragment and build it out.